Friday, November 13, 2009

Contemporary Top 10

This has been a week of dreams coming true. First and foremost, making the Disney Moms Panel! And then what? What’s that? We’re staying where?! At the Contemporary?! Sweet!

I’m beginning to wonder if my guardian angel is related to the Blue Fairy.

Earlier today, I got the call to set up my travel and accommodations for our Moms Panel training in three weeks. Needless to say, I was thrilled to learn we’d be staying at the Contemporary. It got me thinking about all the things I’ve wanted to experience at the resort.

So let’s break it down into a top 10 of things that excite me the most about staying at the Contemporary.



1. Originality.
The Contemporary was one of the original resorts that opened when the Magic Kingdom did in 1971.

2. Harmony.
While the themes of the Magic Kingdom resorts are good on their own, they are magnificent when viewed from lands within the Magic Kingdom. When viewed from Tomorrowland , the modern design of the Contemporary is in perfect harmony with the vision of the future that could have been. Similar harmony is achieved in Adventureland with the Polynesian and from Mainstreet with the Victorian-styled Grand Floridian.

3. Monorail.
Never have I slept anywhere that had a transportation service running through it. Sure, at Marquette, it sounded like there were busses, fire trucks and Harleys barreling through the halls, but they weren’t really there (right?) It’s hard to believe that the time I land a bed in a place with a mode of transportation running through it, it’s virtually silent and won’t rouse me from my sleep!

4. The View.
The castle. It’s right there! So is Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon.

5. Mosaic.
The mosaic in the atrium was crafted by Disney Legend, Mary Blair, who played a key role in the design of it’s a small world. All told, the mosaic has over 18,000 hand-painted tiles and is nearly 100 feet tall. Take a good look at the five legged goat in the mosaic, which many will say represents that we’re only human and we all make mistakes.



6. Hidden Mickeys.
There are a handful of Hidden Mickeys at the Contemporary worth seeking out, especially the one you can see from looking out a window at the top of the world in the California Grill. Look down and check out the ground in front of the resort.

7. Fireworks & Pageants.
We’ve got Wishes over the castle, the Electric Water Pageant on Bay Lake, and me doing a funny little happy dance through it all.

8. Food.
I’m not sure where we’re eating throughout the training trip, but there’s a certain comfort that comes with knowing that Chef Mickey’s and the California Grill are within shouting distance.



9. COFFEE!
Kona Island at the Poly is just a monorail away!

10. My New Family.
I can’t wait to meet you, Disney Moms & Dads!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the Blog! I don't know where you find the time! Since our calls on Tue, life has been a whirlwind!! My feet haven't touched ground yet!!

    PS, I'm pretty addicted to the Press Pot at Kona myself!

    ReplyDelete