Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Advance the Countdown!

I have a countdown tool on my computer desktop that counts down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until my next Disney trip. As of 8:00 a.m. on Tues., Nov. 10, it showed 140 days and two hours until our Easter 2010 trip. At 10:41 a.m., that all changed. That's when I got the call letting me know that I made the 2010 Walt Disney World Mom's Panel. 

With all the excitement, I forgot to adjust my countdown clock until the next day. Today, I'm happy to report that it now shows a little more than 22 days away until my next trip. I can't wait for Dec. 4 to come and meet all of the amazing moms and dads that make up the Mom's Panel!I've seen a number of countdown counters and tools online. Some are png images that refresh automatically. Others are widgets and gadgets.

My favorite is freeware from PhanTim3. While the developers are no longer supporting the tool, the program and all its skins are still available. I have created custom skins for my previous three trips. Take a look at PhanTim3 and become familiar with it. Then feel free to borrow the skins I created (below) for your own counter. Enjoy!





Making Sense of It
This next part will make no sense until you go through with downloading PhanTim3. First, follow the install instructions. Once it's all set and you're ready to start customizing, adjust the Custom.txt file in each of the skin's folders to read as follows:
Calibri
9
0 0 0
110 80
150 80
191 80
224 80

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what that means but it is super cool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete